NWMGA Competition Rules for the Millennium Trophy
Trophy Presented by:
Captain Prestwich 2000 – Kevin Hughes
Captain of Rochdale 2000 – Peter Wild
Captain of Stand 2000 – Harry Gilmore
Captain of Swinton Park 2000 – Mike O’Brien
Captain of Whitefield 2000 – Geoff Sable
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The Millennium Trophy to be awarded as a Club Trophy.
2. The competition to be played under Fourball Better Ball Stableford rules.
3. Each Club is to provide 6 team pairings.
4. One of the pairings should be the current Captain & current President (unless medical conditions prevent either or both playing, in which case a past Captain or past President should be chosen).
5. Competition entry selection to be made from the following candidates only:
• The current Captain & President of the Club
• Past Captains of the Club
• Past Presidents of the Club
• Past Presidents of the Association from the Club
• Current Executive members of the Association
6. The selection process for each Club’s representatives to be carried out and approved by the Club Captain of the Day.
7. The Millennium Trophy to be awarded to the Club with the highest aggregate Stableford score from their best 3 team pairings (in the case of tied scores then 4th and then 5th scores to be taken into account).
8. There will be prizes for the best 3 scores from individual pairings.
9. The competition to be played for annually at each Club on a rotational basis.
10. The competition to be played on a week-day afternoon (at the discretion of the host Club).
11. The competition to be followed by a meal and presentation at the host Club. (Non-playing candidates are welcome to attend)
12. There will be an entry fee to cover the cost of the meal & individual prizes.